The Perfect Simple Mulled Wine
A simple and delicious recipe for mulled wine that's sure to properly welcome the winter season
With cold weather nearing, nothing sounds more lovely than snuggling up with a hot cup of mulled wine!
- 1 bottle red wine (I prefer a red blend)
- 4 cups of apple cider (not spiced)
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- optional for garnishes: additional orange sliced into rounds and cinnamon sticks
- In a large saucepan, pour apple cider, honey, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and anise and begin to bring it to a rolling simmer on medium-high heat.
- While this is heating up, slice the orange in half. Take one half and squeeze it into the sauce pan, careful to ensure only the juice is going in there. Next, take the other half and slice it into rounds and toss in the pan as well.
- Once the ingredients are simmering, reduce the heat to medium low and stir in your bottle of room temperature red wine.
- Let the wine simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving. And enjoy!